Thursday, July 23, 2009

Homework Week 2

Homework Week 2
1.a) She uses narratives, testimonies and definitions in her speech. She tells about her experience and memories of dancing as a child for her narrative evidence. She also provides many testimonies from sources in order to make her speech more credible. She also gives the definition of "tap dance" to better support her material. She does not use statistics in her speech.

B) Rachel's main points were the beginning of tap dance, techniques of tap, and the history of a famous tap dancer.

C)She used two transitions to indicate that she was moving to a new idea. She also used internal conclusions.

2.I plan to give my speech on colorblindness. (what causes colorblindness, different types of colorblindness, and frustrations of the colorblind.) The audience I will presenting to does not know much about colorblindness. I think that they will find it interesting. I will try to keep their interest by keeping it simple and using visual aids. I also plan to use very interesting statistics that should get their attention. I also think that the frustrations the colorblind face will really make them think about simple things that they might not have thought much about before. (for example, weather maps, flowers, hot stove etc)

1 comment: