Sunday, August 2, 2009

Homework Week 3

1. I want to write my speech about a place I am really familiar with so it will be easier to describe.

Possible Manuscript Topics:
Beach at Seaside, fl
162 Matthew Rd (my home)
Schlitterban water park
Ski resort/mountains

I choose my topic to be 162 Matthew. My general purpose will be to inform.
Main points: things to do, sights and sounds, and people present

2.(I am describing the dog on the dishwasher picture)

Hi Mom,
I thought that you would love to see this picture of Polo!! The other night he wasn't on my heels as usual so I began looking for him. Finally I found him washing dishes. He looked like a criminal when I first saw him. His fur black as night and his glowing eyes gave him away. After wards he heard "ding dong" at the door and there he went running to the door like we being invaded. I am going to have to be like the dog whisperer and teach him not to do that. One day, I fear he is going to cut his tongue on a knife!!

love Tiffany

3.I think that the onomatopoeia is the easiest figure of speech to incorporate. Everyone gets then and you instantly know what they mean. (Especially if I am describing my house)
Examples:
"roof roof"
"crackle"
"ding dong"

1 comment:

  1. great job! Love the "letter," wonderful concrete words and literary devices, so fun!

    ReplyDelete